We offer you advice on how to carry out national sweepstakes in Spain according to the current legislation.
Sweepstakes and contests on websites and social networks are one of the main pillars of the commercial strategies of any brand. Therefore, the organizers of these must be aware of the legal keys to carry out this type of promotional actions adapted to the legislation that is applicable to them and thus avoid possible sanctions.
All these new techniques are great business opportunities. Therefore, most marketing strategies are oriented to this field of action.
Within the strategies to humanize brands, contests and promotions are a very useful tool. As well as winning new followers, getting more links, increasing the rate of interaction or loyalty to the community; advertising to a multitude of users.
Therefore, before putting them into practice, it is important to know the steps to take when holding national sweepstakes in Spain. It is necessary to adopt measures and execute actions so that all the activities comply with the current legislation.
At Letslaw, as lawyers specialised in advising on how to carry out online promotions and sweepstakes, we offer our clients guidance on which legal issues should be taken into account when carrying out national sweepstakes:
- Complying with the applicable Spanish legislation.
- Comply with the regulations of the social network where it applies.
- Drafting of the legal bases and advice on the procedures for notarising the legal bases of the sweepstakes.
- Comply with all the requirements and mechanics of the promotion included in the legal bases that the organizer has defined for its sweepstakes.
- Advice and management of possible claims made by the participants of the sweepstakes.
- Advice on the need to obtain a qualification for the promotion, if necessary.
- Advice on tax matters for the taxation of the prizes.
At Letslaw, we have a highly specialised legal advice service on national sweepstakes. We offer our clients a complete analysis of all the legal requirements that are necessary to be able to hold sweepstakes in Spain in an appropriate manner.