Copyright and related rights, such as entertainment law, have become a branch of law under constant review. At Letslaw, we have a team of lawyers with a high degree of specialization in the field of intellectual property, whose objective is to try to reconcile the basic principles of the information society with the protection of intellectual creations in the digital age, providing our clients with comprehensive legal advice, offering them optimum solutions to protect different types of works and services that can be protected in this area, such as plastic, literary, dramatic, musical, audiovisual, computer programs, video games, etc.
Our services as intellectual property lawyers include, by way of example, the following:
- Preventive advice: preparation of reports and legal opinions on the system of copyright and related rights.
- Development of protection strategies for musical works, audiovisual works, photographic works, etc.
- Rights of software and database manufacturers.
- Register of intellectual creations.
- Protection against violation of exploitation rights: reproduction, distribution, public communication and transformation.
- Protection of the author’s moral rights (disclosure, paternity, respect for integrity).
- Drafting and negotiating contracts for the assignment or exploitation of intellectual property rights.
- Representation and negotiation before the Management Entities: SGAE, AIE, VEGAP, CEDRO, DAMA, AISGE, AGEDI and EGEDA.
- Advice on procedures before Management Bodies: SGAE, AIE, VEGAP, CEDRO, DAMA, AISGE, AGEDI and EGEDA.
- Legal representation before courts or arbitration bodies
- Negotiation and drafting of contracts for the assignment and licensing of exploitation rights.
Our team of professionals experts in is made up of a group of lawyers specialized in intellectual and industrial property who have extensive experience in matters related to the protection and defense of intangibles, both in the initial stages to protect the intangible rights that make up intellectual and industrial property when processing entries in the corresponding official registers, and later when problems arise from infringements of the registered rights.
In addition, our lawyers are experts in the fields of communication, technology and internet, data protection, compliance, which places us at the forefront of the digital and new technologies world. We have a flexible structure that allows us to offer a comprehensive service and adapt to the needs, requirements and desires of each of our clients, providing them with quality, agile and decisive responses.