Your Gateway to Spain: Secure a Digital Nomad Visa with our Expert Assistance
Stepping into the world of international mobility can be a daunting endeavor, but with our extensive legal experience, you can rest assured that we’re well equipped to handle it for you. We’re passionate about bringing your Spanish dreams to fruition. Whether it’s securing a Digital Nomad Visa for you or ensuring your family members join you on this journey, we’ve got you covered.
As digital innovation expands horizons, we’re excited to simplify your transition to Spain. We’ve laid out essential information below, but remember, our team is ready to guide you through each step of the process.
There are two types of individuals who are ideally suited for this visa:
- Employees: If you are currently allowed by your employer to work remotely, Spain could be your next office.
- Freelancers: If you service a global clientele or generate income from international online activities, Spain awaits you.
If you fit into either of these categories, here’s what you need to know:
- Your primary source of income must be located outside Spain, with earnings from Spain not exceeding 20% of your total income.
- You need to provide proof of at least three months of employment or client engagement prior to your application.
- You should hold a contract with your employer or clients for a minimum of one year.
- Either a degree from a reputable institution or three years of relevant work experience is essential.
- Clean criminal records and unrestricted entry to Spain are mandatory.
- Complete the application form, which is readily available for download.
- Be prepared to pay the applicable administrative fees.
- Avail comprehensive private health insurance that covers you across Spain.
- Show financial stability with proof of €25,000 for the main applicant and €9441 for each additional family member.
And finally, depending on your employment status:
- Employees: Your company must have been in operation for at least a year, with provisions for remote work.
- Freelancers: Your client must be based overseas, and your contract should include the provision for remote work.
Discover Tax Benefits Tailored For You with Your Digital Nomad Visa
One of the key benefits of this visa is the unique tax regime it offers. As a holder of this visa, you fall under an improved Non-Resident Income Tax Regime. If you have been residing outside Spain for the past five years, you are eligible for a flat 24% tax rate, a significant reduction from the progressive rate of up to 48%. However, this requires a separate application with the Spanish Tax Agency within six months of obtaining your residency. This special tax regime extends for five years, provided you maintain your digital nomad status.
Can You Work for Spanish Companies with the Digital Nomad Visa?
While the Digital Nomad Visa enables non-EU citizens to work remotely from Spain, it also permits you to work for a Spanish company, under certain conditions. You must maintain your relationship with your overseas employer, and the income derived from Spanish companies must not comprise more than 20% of your total income.
Navigating international legalities can be challenging, but with our guidance, you’ll find the process much easier. Let us help you start your Spanish adventure today!