Industrial property can generate great benefits for companies as it allows them to differentiate their products or services in the marketplace. For this reason, at Letslaw, as industrial lawyers, we pay the attention it deserves, offering our clients global advice and full services in this field, from prior research, feasibility studies, application, registration, renewal… up to the legal defense in all instances of disputes relating to trademarks, patents, designs, trade names, utility models, know-how, business secrets as well as domain names with the aim of preventing third parties from taking advantage of the reputation and renown of intangible assets belonging to others.
Our clients are companies from various sectors and of very different natures, ranging from companies in the textile sector, companies in the entertainment sector, to food companies, luxury companies, technological development companies, and leading service companies in their sector.
Our services related to industrial property include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Protection of industrial property rights
- Protection of intangible assets in the pharmaceutical, software, biotechnology, consumer products fields, etc.
- Registration and defense of patents, utility models and designs, as well as background checks.
- Registration and defense of national, Community and international trademarks, distinctive signs and trade names and actions against piracy.
- Negotiation and drafting of contracts for the assignment and licensing of patents, trademarks, trade names and domain names.
- Recovery of domain names, protection of web pages.
- Advice on software protection conflicts.
- Actions against piracy, counterfeiting and usurpation of rights.
- Actions against violations of the right to honor, privacy and self-image.
- Claims for plagiarism.
- Planning of design protection strategies
- Protection and defense against acts of unfair competition: deception and confusion, imitation, taking advantage of the effort and reputation of others, violation of secrets, etc.
- Monitoring of negotiations.
- Commercial litigation against offenders and contentious-administrative proceedings against OEPM resolutions.